- Cooked quinoa (Click here to read about preparing quinoa)
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- A handful of coriander leaves
- Spring onions (green part only if low FODMAP)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Other flavours you can use if you like are oregano, parsley, basil, cumin powder, fenugreek, garam masala, etc.
- In a saucepan, pour the olive oil and let it heat up
- Add coriander powder, coriander leaves, and spring onions. Saute until fragrant
- Add tomatoes. Stir it all and mix everything up so its distributed evenly. Do this for a few minutes until the tomatoes become soft.
- Add some salt to taste
- Toss in some quinoa and mix it all up so everything is nicely heated
- Take the pan off heat and add olives
- You can top it with broccoli, carrots, corn, green beans, etc.
I just tried this and I’m eating it right now. It is phenomenal! Really really good! I used the leftover quinoa to make potato quinoa patties. Since there was a fair bit left over, the quinoa formed a sort of crust for the patties making them nice and crispy without breaking apart!