My doctor has recommended a liver/gallbladder cleanse since my gallbladder is being lazy. I mentioned to her that while I got better in between, I feel like I have regressed and am now constantly bloated, and feel excessive air in my stomach moving around. I also tend to have this burning sensation in my upper stomach from time to time.
The doctor said the bile has thickened and has formed a sludge and is on its way to forming gallbladder stones. Eeks. Enter Liver Detox:
- Juice 7 apples and drink it throughout the day. Must be at room temperature.
- This needs to be done for 4 days.
- On the 5th day, I need to skip dinner. At 6 PM, I need to have a cup of apple juice with a tbsp of Epsom salt. One more time at 8 PM.
- At 10 PM, I need to have half a cup of olive oil with half a cup of grapefruit juice.
The first four days are alright. It’s the 5th day that terrifies me. Half a cup of olive oil?! WHAT? WHY?
The apple juice is meant to make the bile softer and thin it out, I suppose. And the olive oil is to sort of lubricate everything. I’m not looking forward to DAY 5. Nevertheless here’s how DAY 1 went:
- 3 PM: Juiced 7 apples (both red and green). Wow, that’s a lot of juice. Drank half a glass. Yummo.
- 6 PM: Why is this juice turning black? Why is there all this weird foam in it?
- 7 PM: There’s STILL two cups left?!
- 9 PM: My stomach looks so huge. I feel like my organs are drowning in apple juice.
I ate normal meals. In fact, I felt hungrier, which is something that has been missing for quite some time. I have been struggling with trying to gain weight (I am terribly underweight) and increasing my appetite has been difficult, especially since I’m intolerant to several foods. I ate four meals today and I still had room for more! I just feel like munching on things all day long. This is a good sign.