Hello!

Wow, it’s been a LONG time since my last post! I’ve been so insanely busy these past couple of months!

I’ve been to a new doctor here, after hearing lots of recommendations. The doctor did this test called NLS-Oberon Screening and the test showed that I have a parasitic infection. *Eek*

Before all of these stomach troubles began, I had experienced food poisoning and caught a stomach virus. This happened 3 times, and after the third time, I started feeling unwell a lot. The doctor believed this may be what caused it. Further reading led me to believe that bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) and intestinal parasites/worms can cause a lot of these symptoms that I experience, which the doctor referred to as IBS-like symptoms. She said that my stomach is inflamed and all of this is what has caused several food intolerances.

Right now, I am undergoing treatment – lots of herbal medicines coupled with homeopathic treatment. It’s hard to tell whether I am feeling better, because of the side effects of the herbal medicines, but the tests show improvement. I am no longer vegan. The doctor has advised introducing eggs and camel milk to my diet. My body has been having such a tough time digesting food. Apparently, camel milk works wonders and is suitable for lactose intolerant people as well. I am off sugar and starch (it feeds bacteria) and I really wish I could go grain-free but I don’t know what I’d eat :S I’m already terribly underweight! The good news is that since starting treatment and making these dietary changes, I’ve gained 2 kilos.

There is a hypo-allergenic digestive enzyme that the doctor recommended which has been really helpful. I take a pill after each meal three times a day. I used to have this heavy feeling in my upper stomach right after eating but after having started these pills, I don’t feel that anymore.

Click on image to buy from Amazon

Click on image to buy from Amazon

I also learned that raw garlic is a natural cure for both SIBO and intestinal parasites. I’ve been consuming a lot of it. However, be warned, it is a diuretic. No fun if you have to be outdoors! It would be worth reading into this – it could help you feel better!

Advertisements